If you have Microsoft Office installed, you may prefer to use Microsoft Outlook for sending and receiving email. Use the following guide to help you setup most versions of this popular email client.
1 From the main menu, choose Tools and then E-mail Accounts.
(* If your version of Outlook has simply 'Accounts' listed (Office 2000), please follow the instructions about how to set up Outlook Express).
2 Select Add a new e-mail account and click Next.
3 Select POP3 as your server type and click Next.
4 Enter these settings into the appropriate fields in the screen shown below.
(1) Enter your name as you wish it to be viewed by the people to whom you send your email.
(2) The "E-mail Address" is in the format email@example.com - where 'alias' is the email alias that you wish to use (for example your first name), and username is the username that you chose when you signed up.
If you have registered and hosted a domain on your PlusNet account you may wish to enter firstname.lastname@example.org as your email address (replacing your own domain name of course!).
(3) Incoming mail server (POP3) is pop.itdsl.co.za
(4) Outgoing mail server (SMTP) is smtp.isdsl.co.za
(5) The "User Name" field should be filled with your username - the username that you chose when you subscribed.
(6) The password field should be filled with the password that you selected on signup but note that you will not be able to see it as you type (it will appear asterisked).
When you have finished entering these email settings, click on the More Settings button.
5 In the 'More Settings' menu, go to the Outgoing Server tab and ensure that My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is NOT selected. Then click OK and you will be returned to the previous menu. Click Next to continue.
6 Click Finish to complete setting up your mail settings.
You are now ready to send and collect your email!